#humblebrag

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 | Stamp in My Passport| , , , , |

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I've spent a lot of time thinking recently about my future (t-minus 13 months until graduation, people!), and do you know what my biggest realization was? 
BIG. DRAMATIC. PAUSE.

Here's a funny picture to build suspense.

I want a nickname. Like a fun, catchy name that my bffs call me. Not the ones I already have like Sam or Sami (gag). Nope. I have higher aspirations than that. You know on The Office when Andy calls Jim 'Tuna' because he brought a  tuna sandwhich for lunch on the first day of work? Something like that.

Creative and Catchy. I like it.

Two of my very best friends have creative nicknames. Our dear friend Dillon's is 'Chimmy' (short for Chimichanga) and Emily is affectionately known around here 'Mutti" (German for Mother). In fact, I couldn't even remember the last time I called Emily by her real name. It's always Mutti or Mutts (pronounced Moots- rhymes with boots).
Jess, Mutti, Chimmy, and I in Paris.

And now it's time for my #humblebrag. My sister, Baby Watzles, was named Homecoming Queen this weekend!!! I don't know about where you're from, but back home in Texas, this is a HUGE deal. Like bigger than The Dallas Cowboys winning a  game Super Bowl big. So naturally I had to go home for this and was promptly named the "Official Baby Watzles Photographer of the Night". 
She's so stinkin gorgeous.

I'm so proud of her. My little Baby Watzles is all grown up (: 

Not much has changed.

I'm open for suggestions on the nickname thing. Did you see that even my sister has a fun nickname (Baby Watzles isn't her real name, obvs)? Do you have a nickname with a funny story behind it?



PS, you should follow me on Instagram: @samanthakate24
I take awesome pictures. And not just of food.







5 comments:

Sara Louise said...

Being voted Homecoming Queen in Texas is a HUGE deal! Congrats to your sister!
And I wanted a nickname practically my whole life, and nothing ever stuck, until my husband christened me Skippy, now everyone calls me it :)

Fash Boulevard said...

omg, you sis looked amazing. so exciting. fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love if you'd check out my latest post and two page magazine spread. Eek. :) xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Stamp in My Passport said...

Thank you(: and that's so exciting about your spread! Congratulations!

Stamp in My Passport said...

Thank you! And that's cute that everyone calls you that now! Haha.

Stamp in My Passport said...

Thanks! And of course!