Only Played Swedish Techno

Monday, November 26, 2012 | Stamp in My Passport| , , , |

Monday, November 26, 2012

One of the worst things about going to school where we do is the distance it is from home. In the grand scheme of things, a 7 hour drive isn't terrible, but it sure feels like it when it's a Sunday afternoon and all you want to do is nap. Anddd that's what happened yesterday. 

Where I wish I was headed.

Literally all I wanted to do was lay in bed and eat chips & guacamole, but it was just not meant to be. 
However, I've discovered that long car rides are some of the best times to find new music. Especially when you have 4G & your Pandora radio wants to work.

 Side note about Pandora- once, I pushed like on a Lady Gaga song on my "Top Hits" station, and from that moment on, that station only played Swedish techno music. I kid you not. Moral of the story: don't push like on the Lady Gaga song. 

But seriously, I've found some gems before. My song of choice yesterday though was something my sister introduced me to: Thrift Shop by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. It's Seattle hip hop AND the guy wears a onesie in the music video. I'll admit, the first time I heard it, I was really confused. Then, all of the sudden, my mind was blown and now I'm obsessed with the song. I listened to it probably 30 times yesterday. It's that good. So, take a minute. Listen to it (more than once. You'll think it's kinda weird the first time). And become obsessed. You're welcome. 


And just a PS, there is some naughty language, so just don't let your kids listen to it. Or whatever. 






-Samantha


{*Must link all pictures back to this site. kthanksbye.}

No comments: