December 14, 2013: The Beginning of the End

Thursday, December 13, 2012 | Stamp in My Passport||

Thursday, December 13, 2012


from here. wise words to live by.

That is the day that Stamp in My Passport graduates into the great unknown. In just a little over a year, Emily, Samantha and I will be college graduates. About this time next year you can expect at least one post from me about how to best style my bangs under a graduation cap, because I know it will be a challenge.

While I’m excited to start the next chapter of my life, it would be nice if I had some sort of plan for what I want to do with my life.  It seems like my college years flew right on by. I’m a public relations major, and while it is not as vague as business management (which Emily and Sam are majoring in) there is a vast array of jobs that I could go into. I really have no clue. I have no clue where I want to live after graduation either. Ideally I will have a job lined up before I graduate and I can load all of my few dorm decorations and clothes into my trunk and move into an apartment without going home before Christmas break. 

What do you mean I have to pay rent? 
What are these utilities you speak of? 
You mean I don't get unlimited cell data for free? 
What kind of cruel world is this that we live in?

I think I'll skip all of this grown-up stuff and travel the world until my money runs out.
Who's with me?

As I enter into my final two semesters of college, I will try to accept the fact that I cannot control and plan for everything. Free travel should have taught me a little about that.

Did you ever have a “what am I doing with my life” meltdown?
Here are my words of wisdom, "Be under-prepared and overconfident." 

{graduation circa 2010. as you can see, that pesky hat was even giving me trouble then}

-Jess

No comments: