I Limited Myself to Two

Thursday, December 20, 2012 | Stamp in My Passport| , , |

Thursday, December 20, 2012

I've always been a reader.  It's one of my favorite things to do, & I always have to be working on finishing some book. I still remember in 2nd grade at the school book fair, picking out Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone & knowing that it was something special from the instant I began reading it. It always seemed that the favorite part of my summers growing up was the delivery of the next Harry Potter book & racing to finish it before everyone else. As I've grown, my taste in books have changed {slightly}, but I've always been partial to Harry & his friends. I can hardly visit Barnes & Noble without picking out a new addition to my collection. 

Just one of the shelves in my closet; alpha by author, obviously

This was the case last Saturday when I ventured in for a bathroom break in the middle of Christmas shopping. I happened to wander by the European History section & naturally I had to stop & see what books they had on Paris. I had to admit; I was impressed. If I had my way, I would have probably tried to buy 90% of the books in that section, but I refrained & limited myself to two. 

The lucky ones that made the cut.

I know what you're thinking: "A Guide to Medieval England & a Biography of Paris? Why would you buy those?" My question to you is: "Why would you NOT buy those?" They're perfect for a little Christmas Break reading & they help satisfy my need to go back to my most favorite places on earth. 

So far, I've only started on the one about Paris, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's crazy to think that the places I saw almost everyday had been in Paris since Roman times & before. There's so much history in that one city. It's crazyyyyyy! 

{Also, bonjour to our French readers! I'm jealous you get to live in my favorite place on earth.}

I hope everyone has a great time shopping for last minute Christmas gifts!



-Samantha



Paris: The Biography of a City by Colin Jones
The Time Traveler's Guide to Medieval England by Ian Mortimer
Another great book on the history of Paris: Seven Ages of Paris by Alistair Horne

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GAH I am a huge sucker for books. Especially traveling books. Please tell me all about them when you are done!