I Get Hangry

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 | Stamp in My Passport||

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that our jaunt in Europe was always sunshine and roses.
That would be a lie.
Traveling across Europe with the same 16 people tends to bring out the worst in you. Namely, I get really grumpy when I'm hungry (see: Hangry), and I should probably try to get more than 4 hours of sleep a night.
On that same note, aside from our long term hostel's many flaws, the shining star of that place was its breakfast. Let me tell you, a French breakfast will blow. your. mind. There is a certain "je ne sais quoi" about mountains of warm croissants and pain aux chocolats. Plus, they had this amazing strawberry jelly that you would put in these cute little glass jars. C'est bon!
Clearly I was excited.

Another one of my favorite parts of the breakfast there was their espresso machine. There was nothing better after a refreshing night of 4 hours of sleep than one {or three or four} huge mugs full of perfectly frothed milk and delicious espresso.
That lady in the background makes me LOLZ.

Nothing makes me sadder faster than when I eat a croissant produced in the US. In no way, shape or form should you be able to cut a croissant; they should fall apart in your hand the second you bite into them. 

Perhaps we should give croissant making a second chance?


-Samantha

No comments: