Vacationing Stateside

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 | Stamp in My Passport| , , |

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I promise this blog is not going to turn into
an homage to our three months spent in Paris. 
It's a year later and I'm almost to the point where I don't
mention some aspect about the trip every single day. 

But we three girls still LOVE to travel. 
It's in our souls now and I'm perfectly fine with that. 
While there are vague talks about a nordic vacation in two summers, 
I should begin to get more realistic about my next vacation destinations.

So I've complied a list of my top 5 stateside cities to visit. 

5. Aspen, Colorado 


I do want to give skiing a proper go {more than the few hours available last time.}
And what better place to do that than the home of the 
Food and Wine Classic? Sounds like a win win combination to me. 
Plus, I could try and get in a little celebrity stalking. 


2. Seattle, Washington 

Home of my three loves: Starbucks, Death Cab for Cutie and Grey's Anatomy. 
Cliche, I know. 
But for some reason I think I would fit in more in the Pacific Northwest 
instead of California, if I had to pick a destination on the west coast. 
Here is a list of must-do activities in the coastal town. 

3. Charleston, South Carolina 


This is the closest destination to my home that I've chosen. 
Only 5 hours away. 
Completely doable for a long weekend getaway. 
I've been to Savannah and completely fell in love with 
the old Southern charm of the city. 
Yet it still seems to blend the new and old. 
Charleston is like the sister city to Savannah.
And I desperately wish to go. 
For the architechure, history and possibly to see the 
2013 HGTV Dream Home on Kiawah Island. 


2. Boston, Massachusetts


Boston will potentially be a day trip during 
#SPRINGBREAK2013NYC.
It is the epitome of American history pre-1860.
If only I could have traveled to Boston instead of taken American history 
in school. Only in my dreams. 
I'd like to think that it's an extremely smart city
{it's home to Harvard...hello}
and that by visiting and breathing in the academic air, 
maybe I could boost my gpa a little. 
But the real reason we want to go is to eat at Wagamama. 

And last but certainly not least...

1. NYC


There is a whole hashtag dedicated to this trip:
#SPRINGBREAK2013NYC.
March 11-16. Mark your calendars. 
Five whole days spent in the big apple
briefly acting like a tourist, 
taking too many photos, 
eating at Le Relais De  L'Entrecote and Laduree,
going to museums and understanding the captions,
and just exploring. 

The plane tickets are booked and the airBnB apartment is rented.
Now prepare yourself for a slew of "what to do in new york" posts
in a month and a half. 

If you happen to be visiting Manhattan sooner than that, 
Lyndsay at Post Grad Diaries has so many suggestions. 
I live vicariously through her blog. 
And of course don't forget A Cup of Jo's Guide to New York

What cities in America do you want to visit?

-Jess

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have some great picks on that list. Aspen is amazing and such a fun town!! And how can you not go to NYC. Keep us posted as to what's next!

Unknown said...

I live in the UK but my family is from Swampscott just outside Boston and a lot of them still live there. Visiting Boston is the highlight of my year every single time I go :) The history is wonderful, the towns in the suburbs are so beautiful (and the food hall near the Aquarium is so perfect). I've never been to the other places on your list but if they're as wonderful as Boston MA then I'd love to visit!