HP Quote + Liebster Award

Friday, August 9, 2013 | Stamp in My Passport||

Friday, August 9, 2013

It's Friday, y'all! Congratulations you have survived yet another week. And to make it through those final hours before your weekend shenanigans begin, here are some wise and encouraging words from JK Rowling and Dumbledore. This just makes me want to speed read through the entire series this weekend. Don't think I can do it? Challenge accepted...another weekend. I will be spending Saturday packing my car up to drive back to Arkansas Sunday afternoon. For the last time. Crazy right? It seems like just last summer that I was spending every other afternoon scouring Target's college dorm section buying entirely too many storage boxes. 

I am more than ready for this semester to get rolling. But I think this time I am going to keep a running tally of how many times during visitation days people ask me if I am a perspective student and if I need directions anywhere. I know I look like I'm 14, but no, I'm not in highschool and yes, I know exactly where I'm going. I've been going to the same buildings for three years.

______________________

On a more exciting note, I would like to thank you to Lauren from Boston Sweet Tea Party for nominating me for a Liebster award! (Which the first time I read it said "Lobster" award and was thoroughly confused.) The Liebster is a blog award where bloggers nominate fellow up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I shall add this to my collection of participation awards from T-Ball!
RULES
1. Link back to the person who nominated you. 

2. List 11 facts about yourself. (which you can find here.)

3. Answer the 11 questions posted by the person who nominated you.

4. Nominate other blogs with 200 followers or less.

5. Ask 11 new questions for the nominee-blogs to respond to.

My answers
1. What is your biggest fear?
Driving over a bridge and then drowning. Or just drowning in general terrifies me.
2. Why did you start blogging?
I started this blog with my roommates and fellow HIP-sters, Samantha and Emily, back in October to chronicle our past and future travel adventures. But school got in the way, we got boring and then I decided to pick the blog back up this summer.
3. What is your favorite holiday?
My birthday: January 15. Cash/check/credit accepted.
4. What person in your life makes you laugh the most?
Samantha K Tosh. Especially our long text convos about Nancy Grace, Brody Jenner and House Hunters International. 
5. Do you prefer the mountains or the beach? 
I love both but the beach is my favorite. I do not have the driving abilities to navigate the mountains on my own.
6. What's your favorite food to order for take-out?
I don't really order take-out.
7. What's your dream job?
Being a travel writer for a magazine. Getting paid to travel would be the icing on the cake. Or working with Birchbox or Warby Parker (love them.)
8. What's your one guilty pleasure?
Desserts of all shapes and sizes. But I'm not really guilty about them. Sorry I'm Not Sorry.
9. Where is your favorite place that you have ever visited?
It's a tie between Nice/Cannes and Edinburgh. Even in the dead of the coldest winter on record, the French coast was perfect and in Edinburgh I got to see the ruins of Tantallon Castle, which was mentioned in the movie Tristan + Isolde :)
10. What is your favorite comfort food?
BBQ pulled pork sandwiches and mac-n-cheese and fried okra
11. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Are you still writing your blog?
Right now I couldn't tell you where I will be in 5 months so let's not jump the gun. But I would like to think that I will still be writing, if not this blog then at least writing in some way for fun, but I would love to see Stamp in my Passport continue on.

MY NOMINATIONS
Jess from Foreign Room
1. Describe yourself in 140 characters or less.
2. If you could only eat one food for the rest of forever, what would it be? 
3. What is your favorite reality television show? 
4. If the world were ending in 24 hours, what would you do (besides spend time with loved ones)?
5. Favorite book? 
6. What did you want to be when you were little?
7. Have you taken the Meyers Briggs personality test? If so what is your type?
8. Where is your favorite place that you have visited? 
9. Did you move around growing up?
10. Who is your role model? 
11. Where you excited for the first day of school or dread the end of summer?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the nomination!