Fall doesn't start until the 22, people

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 | Stamp in My Passport||

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Yes, Starbucks, I'm talking to you. Stop bombarding me with pumpkin spice this and salted caramel that. I can barely stand to drink hot coffee in the afternoon, let alone indulge in the tastes of fall while still wearing tanks and shorts. I have a rule that it has to be cool enough to at least wear long sleeves of some sort before I rush to the counter for my non-fat PSL. And if we're being honest, that day might not come until well into October in Arkansas. Until the leaves start changing and I unpack my boxes of coats, I will embrace my sandals and passion tea lemonade.
And while I'm on this rant...pinners stop tempting me with photos of oversized sweaters and boots. Yes, I know that these outfits make it easier to abide by Harding's dress code, but they are just not a reality in this 95 degree weather, so cool your jets.

After September 22, the first official day of fall for 2013, we will reevaluate the situation. But until then, it is still summer so enjoy it while it lasts. I know it doesn't sound like it, but I am on your side, fall-lovers. My fair skin doesn't stand out quite so much and I don't look like I'm too lazy to mess with self tanner. My hair decides to lay flat all day. I can make full use of my scarf collection. Oh, and I can drive with the windows down without sweltering. So yes, I do in fact love fall. And the humidity-fro I was rocking yesterday LOVES fall.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

It's 12 degrees, wet and windy here in the uk - I would loooove a salted caramel latte right now! : )

Louisa @ My Family & Abruzzo

Megan said...

I live in California, so I feel your pain! Fall is my absolute favorite season, but I force myself to wait until the actual first day before I can do all my "I love fall" posts, especially since we don't even really have fall at all. We have hot and less hot haha. At least we have football now, though! :)

Isa said...

Ahahaha I can't wait for pumpkin everything to start cropping up, but I understand the need to cling to summer. I'm a little scared of the cold weather moving in too.

http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

Leah said...

ahha love this! I agree that summer is already short enough so why rush into fall so quickly.

Jess Elyse said...

Agreed.
Fall is my most favorite season, but I don't want to rush it. Let's just enjoy the last bit of summer and wait in sweet anticipation.

Fran said...

AGREED.

It's still in the high 70's here and the thought of drinking hot coffee gets me sweating haha

Unknown said...

I feel the same way! I am in shorts, in no way is it Fall!
-Caitlyn