Creative Initiative: Fall at Harding

Thursday, November 21, 2013 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Thursday, November 21, 2013

The theme for the Creative Initiative this week was to get outdoors. And well, I didn't have to walk farther than the parking lot behind the student center to find my inspiration (I don't really do nature.) Since I took this photo the leaves have been fading and falling fast. Which is fine, since that means giant piles of crunchy leaves just begging to be jumped in all over campus. 

Fall at Harding is perfect. It is the saving grace of the state of Arkansas, if we're being honest. Those three or four weeks when the temperature is perfect and the leaves look like they are on fire make up for the countless potholes in the roads and the questionable-looking locals in the frozen food section of Walmart.

In Georgia, everything is green until about February and then all at once, the leaves fall and the landscape looks barren. Speaking of Georgia, as you're reading this I'm packing my bags to go home for Thanksgiving. And then two weeks later I will be home indefinitely until I find permanent employment. I will miss everyone at school terribly and the changing of the seasons. 

If you are new to the Creative Initiative, here are the rules: 
1. Create something in your sketchbook based on this weeks prompt.

2. Post about your artistic endeavor on your blog and link-it-up to this post (every Thursday.)

3. Comment on other bloggers posts! The prompts leave a lot of room to use your imagination and we should all support and encourage each other and we explore.

Next week's theme is: "Gratitude."


4 comments:

Charlene Maugeri said...

I absolutely LOVED Fall at Harding! You are so right. It's Searcy's saving grace. :) Also, I am from Atlanta, Georgia. Born and raised! Small world.

Bailie @ The Hemborg Wife said...

I love that time of year too, sadly all our awesome fall leaves are long gone though!

A said...

Autumn treated me nice too, until a week ago when the beautifully coloured leaves almost disappeard.
Andreea | http://catsfika.blogspot.ro/

TheJessaOlsonBlog said...

have we had this conversation before? Are you from Arkansas? I grew up in Conway.