The Creative Initiative No. 2: What did you do today?

Thursday, November 14, 2013 | Stamp in My Passport| , , |

Thursday, November 14, 2013



The theme this week is "What did you do today?" And if you are new around here, you know that I am in love with coffee and lattes (read more here.) This week I branched away from my americano or nonfat cafe au lait, and splurged on a gingerbread latte. If you haven't tried it yet, you must. And I can never get over how much I love the red cups. They are the true signal that it's acceptable to being playing Christmas music and getting in the holiday spirit (Thanksgiving included.)

And instead of photographing my red cup in my hand, I decided to illustrate it for this week's Creative Initiative. Besides drinking coffee en mass, I haven't done much other than going to class and working.

So what is The Creative Initiative, you may ask? 

This series is a sketchbook challenge (obviously I am terrible with pen & paper, so I am doing my drawings on Illustrator.) Every week we will introduce a new prompt and you will have until the following Tuesday to post whatever it is you made. You will have a week of knowing and thinking about the prompt (and brainstorming and sketching and practicing etc.) before you post your artwork on the following Thursday! You can view my first post here

Here are the rules: 

1. Create something in your sketchbook based on this weeks prompt.

2. Post about your artistic endeavor on your blog and link-it-up to this post.

3. Comment on other bloggers posts! The prompts leave a lot of room to use your imagination and we should all support and encourage each other and we explore!

So there you have it! Week 2 in underway! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Next week's prompt is: Get outdoors.

7 comments:

Lena Elise said...

WE both drew Starbucks this week! Hahaha!

this lovely little day

AmyNicole said...

Cute! I wish I liked coffee... but I'm weird. Haha

lickmycupcakes said...

So cute! I adore Starbucks, there's none in Western Australia, siiiigh!

A said...

That's an awesome drawing! I am still having trouble with illustrator so congrats!! Is it weird that I never tried Starbucks?
Andreea | http://catsfika.blogspot.ro/

Bailie @ The Hemborg Wife said...

I love this idea and so glad to have found out about it, will see what I can come up with for next week!

Jess said...

This is such a fun and wonderful idea! I feel like I never do anything creative in my busy week (aside from my drawing class), so this is a nice opportunity to force myself into the habit. I love your Starbucks cup and totally agree with how they set the mood for the holiday season! I heard Christmas music in Kohls a week ago and I was really annoyed, but a red cup? That's just classy. Also, you did a great job with Illustrator! I am awful at it, but that's gonna have to change pretty quickly as I am a graphic design major... Yikes!

xoxo Jess
Foreign Room

Elizabeth said...

amen! amen! all this " splurged on a gingerbread latte. If you haven't tried it yet, you must. And I can never get over how much I love the red cups. They are the true signal that it's acceptable to being playing Christmas music and getting in the holiday spirit (Thanksgiving included.)" could have come from my heart as well! TWINS!