Weekly Wishes No. 7

Monday, November 18, 2013 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Monday, November 18, 2013

Happy Monday! Have you stopped to think how fast time flies? I live for the weekend, and then all of a sudden it's Monday...again. I only have one more week of classes before Thanksgiving break and then when I come back I only have one week of class, finals and then graduation. Crazy, right? 

My goals last week were to: 
1. Blog every day. CHECK.Want to know my favorite places to eat in NYC? Or maybe what winter fashion I'm most excited for. And what are your thoughts on booking a ticket on the next flight out of town

2. The Creative Initiative. Check.Week two was great. Lena and I even drew the exact same thing. Although, sometimes I feel like I don't need to be included in this group because my artistic skills are severely lacking. Perhaps my contribution could be a witty pun or haiku to go along with each week's prompt? 

3. Go on a 24-hour social media fast. And check. No Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram for this girl last Wednesday. Instead I studied for a test days away and read an entire book...for fun. If you missed my tips yesterday for how to better manage your screen time, you can read them here.

This week's goal: 
Solidify my holiday gift list. Like I said earlier, time flies. And Christmas music is already on the radio, which means the holiday shopping season is about to kick into high gear (Don't get me started on the number of stores that are actually going to be open on Thanksgiving day.) I'm not expecting to have purchased all of the gifts this week, but I would love to have a clear idea. Any suggestions for those "hard to shop for people?"

The Nectar Collective

6 comments:

A said...

I think your Creative Initiative was really good!
Andreea | http://catsfika.blogspot.ro/

Christy Childers said...

What book did you read? xx

La Maman Heureuse said...

Love your Creative Initiave, but ^-unfortunately I can't sketch :-)

I can't imagine you guys already have christmas music on the radio, I need to move urgently, I keep singing them all the time, but here (in Belgium) you only hear them like two weeks beforehand :-s

Good luck with your Christmas shopping!

Caitlyn P - ChemGradBoom said...

Awesome job last week! And I wish I was on top of Christmas list making / shopping like you seem to be! Maybe that will be a good goal for me next week :)

Unknown said...

Ohhh, holiday giftlist making can be fun!! And great job completing all of your goals this past week- I can't remember the last full day I spent off of social media- I may have to give it a try!

Rachel said...

I usually go with either food or giftcards for those people who are really hard to shop for! It doesn't seem that exciting...but I think they appreciate it. Hopefully! :P