Guest Post: The Alisha Nicole

Sunday, March 9, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport||

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Hi everyone!! I'm Alisha, small business owner and lifestyle blogger over at The Alisha Nicole. I am so happy Jess let me come over and entertain you for the day! I just celebrated my businesses two year anniversary and I have been getting a lot of questions about what I do on a daily basis. Which I've noticed come from a lot of assumptions. So I figured today I would share a few facts about being a business owner.
me4
five_facts
1. We don't just eat snacks and watch TV all day. Although I'm sure I probably eat and watch more reality TV than the average, I do set aside actual times where I make sure the TV is off so I can really get some work done. 

2. We don't have all the free time in the world. Just because business owners have the ability make their own hours doesn't mean we are available to get up and go whenever asked. Many of us have deadlines that have to be met that we don't have the luxury of passing to other employees.

3. Entrepreneurs are some of the hardest working people you will ever meet! As business owners we don't have someone constantly over us telling us what needs to be done. And for many just starting out, our business may not be very well known. Which means having to put in a lot of over time! Twelve hour days are not uncommon for many business owners. 

4. Speaking of hard work, being a business owner isn't as easy as it looks. Behind the shiny products or amazing services is a lot of stress and trial and error. (hug a small business owner when you can, we'll appreciate it) 

5. Being a small business owner is the best job ever! Seriously, in my opinion of course. But we get to make our own hours, come and go as we please and some days we can even eat all of the junk food we own and binge watch Netflix until our eyes cross. Plus its a great feeling being able to wake up every morning and do something that you love. I couldn't see myself doing anything else!
What myths have you heard about entrepreneurs?

1 comment:

Alisha B. said...

Thank you so much!! Trust me it took a looonngg time to get the disciplined part down lol