I might have a sweet tooth

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I prefer pies and Talenti gelato to a vegetable plate, especially after eating said veggies, because it's all about balance and moderation, right? I can wax poetically for hours about my favorite tarts and pastries. And let's face it, my time in France didn't help this habit. If nothing else, it made me more of a dessert snob. Rows and rows of beautiful eclairs, mille fuilles, napoleons and pain au chocolat were my motivation in French class because I didn't want to be that American simply pointing at the item they wanted to order. I wanted to know exactly what I was ordering and what to expect. In the beginning of my menu ordering days, I just closed my eyes, pointed at something I could afford and hoped for the best. And, honestly, it wasn't a half bad method of ordering, in case you ever end up in that situation.

Also, desserts just photograph much better than say, casseroles. And, for me, it's all about the presentation and my second favorite hobby, instagramming my every meal. 

1 comment:

Kaelene Spence said...

I am with you, I have a major sweet tooth but with so many delicious things to eat how can you not chose some yummy cake over a vegetable plate.