Weekly Wishes No. 21

Monday, April 21, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Monday, April 21, 2014

weekly-wishes

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend. Mine was spent back at home making use of my birthday gift to get my nails done. Best two hours I have spent in a while. I also went to the new Mexican restaurant by my parent's house, ordered the tortilla soup, and was unpleasantly surprised when they brought out a watery-brothy soup that was like the evil twin of tortilla soup, which I just assumed was tomato based. Wrong. So wrong. Note to the chefs, broth and tortilla chips do not mix well. It was a mushy hot mess. But the fish tacos were spot on, so they made up for the horrible soup. 

Last week I had a lot of things that I wanted to check off my list, such as read this month's book club selection. And well, last night when I went to download it on my Kindle I discovered that it is the only book not available as an ebook, so I'm off to pick it up after work tomorrow. I also wanted to go to bed earlier, and besides Thursday night when I just had to watch the Scandal finale, I think I did a good job with that. I also made an appointment to get my haircut next weekend and worked on editing some of my older posts to make sure the formatting and links are all up to speed. 

And on to this week: 

Find a dentist. And sign up for dental insurance.

Thankfully I can stay on my parent's primary care plan, and just have to get dental. But the whole insurance process kind of baffles me. So I'll be calling around hoping that someone on one of the cheaper plans is currently accepting new patients. 

Find out where the nearest hospital/ER is to my apartment. 

After a brief stomach pain, that in my mind just had to be an appendicitis (for the record, I wasn't sick, I just had one too many spoonfuls of cookie butter), made me realize that I'm not 100% sure where the nearest hospital is. I know it has to be close because there are a lot of doctors and nurses in my building leaving at 4:30 a.m. for work. But I thought about it, and in a state of emergency, I don't think I would be able to navigate myself using my phone's GPS. And I don't know my neighbors well enough to ask them to drive me. So I should probably work on this.

6 comments:

Bailie @ The Hemborg Wife said...

That is so smart to find a hospital, when I was in college one of my close friends was from a different part of the state as was her roommate and they had to call me to find the hospital when my friend was writhing in pain!

Holly Sosa said...

I need to make a dental appointment as well. Sorry about your scare!

Maria MN said...

I need to check out the dentist too! Something I have to get done before I travel to Greece this summer.

Jess Boyd said...

ahh! that is so exciting. Have a wonderful trip :)

Jess Boyd said...

thanks! it's humorous thinking back on it now.

Jess Boyd said...

that's horrible! and the exact situation i would like to avoid at all costs.