30 before 30: Purchase furniture with no assembly required

Friday, May 30, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Friday, May 30, 2014

I decided to revisit my 30 before 30 list that I made on my 22 birthday in January. You know, just to make sure I haven't accomplished anything without even trying. I know have one item to cross off my list not even six months in. Success? I think so. Now only 29 more to go. Some of them may take a little a lot of planning and coordination. 

Visiting a continent other than North America or Europe? Well... I did spend the better part of a night researching cruises to the Antarctic. You read that right, the girl who barricaded herself in her apartment rather than attempt to walk across the iced over parking lot after falling multiple times? Yes, she considered visiting a continent that is completely ice. Maybe it's the summer heat getting to me, or maybe I've lost my mind. But at the time it sounded like a genius idea. Until I saw the 23 day itinerary and $12,000 price tag. After that I decided I'll settle for St. Luica and call it a day.

Back to what I've actually done...purchased furniture with no assembly required! And it also came with people besides myself and my dad to transport, carry up the stairs and set up. My desk and patio furniture came in boxes, but screwing in nuts and bolts with a hex key (what my dad referred to the makeshift screwdriver that comes in the assembly kit) was still my speed of DIY.




9 comments:

Bailie @ The Hemborg Wife said...

I love your bedframe!

Camila said...

wow 12,000$?? that is a bit pricey lol

Charlene Maugeri said...

Your apartment is so cute! I love that red couch!

Leah S. said...

St. Lucia is a great choice. We went for our honeymoon and really enjoyed it!

Jess Elyse said...

I love your furniture! The couch is definitely my favorite, I'm loving that red!

Jess said...

St. Lucia is always good idea! Kelly Ripa is always talking about the island on her morning talk show.

Jess said...

Aww thanks :) i like it too. Even though apparently neutral palates are the way to go these days. Guess I missed that memo haha.

Jess said...

My thoughts exactly...I guess that's the price you pay to go to one of the most remote places on the planet.

Jess said...

Thanks! It was my absolute favorite purchase. It was back-ordered so I had to wait for it to come in before the rest of my furniture could be delivered along with it. Sleeping on a mattress on the floor for a few weeks was totally worth it though.