Weekly Wishes

Monday, June 16, 2014 | Stamp in My Passport| |

Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you enjoyed your weekend and treated your dad to a great Father's Day, even if it was letting him have control of the remote to watch his favorite sporting event and not HGTV or something with a housewife. 

Last week


The DIY project list didn't happen and is on the back burner, which means that there are no trips to Hobby Lobby or the flea market in my near future. 

I wanted to not go out to eat, which I succeed at. So much so that I had to go to the grocery store on my way back into town last night because I had nothing for breakfast or lunch today. 

Finally, I wanted to organize the files on my computer. Which also didn't happen. 

This week


1. Get a crash course on soccer/football/futbol terminology to sound like I know what I'm talking about during the World Cup. I don't know what it is about international sporting events that get me really excited, but between the Olympics and the World Cup, I condense all of my sport-watching into those events. Perhaps it's because they only come around every two-four years? Also watching the World Cup makes me wish it was more like Quidditch. Anyone else with me on that?

2. Plant flowers. My porch is in need of a little more color. Plus, I want to prove to myself that I don't have a brown thumb.

3. From last week, I want to organize my computer files. It is going to happen. This weekly series helps hold me accountable to get things done because I would hate to come back here next week and admit that I spent all of my time on the couch with nothing to show for it.

The Nectar Collective

4 comments:

Gina Alyse said...

I want to learn more about the World Cup too! It's the first year I'm actually interested in it! And organizing computer files--that would be awesome! :)


xo, gina

Stephanie Kirby said...

Hey there! Visiting from Weekly Wishes!!! These are great goals!!! Yeah I'm not good on the soccer/futbol terminology either, but I have noticed how beautiful every soccer player's legs are! WOW!!! And yes, I would totally love it if it was Quidditch!!! lol Totally with you! Good luck on your goals and have a great week!
Stephanie @ Meet With a Smile
www.meetwithasmile.com

Erika said...

Good luck with your goals this week, and congrats on not eating out all week! That is such a hard thing to do -- I don't think I could go a whole week, we always end up going out at least once on the week-end. Go you!

Jess said...

Thanks! And I ended up going to my parent's house this weekend, so it made the whole not-eating-out thing a lot easier since I didn't have to cook :)