Let's Do Brunch

Monday, July 13, 2015 | Stamp in My Passport| , |

Monday, July 13, 2015

1 | 2 | 3
It's no secret that brunch is my favorite meal of the day and that restaurants that serve breakfast all day long have a special place in my heart. And what better way to enjoy brunch than on a backyard patio with a few of your best girlfriends? No backyard? No problem. With enough potted plants, and some fake turf if you are feeling extra festive, can turn any apartment balcony into a private garden.

Although a brunch-time event doesn't give the hostess as much time to prepare everything as opposed to a dinner party, a menu of everyone's favorite sweet and savory bites are sure to be a crowd pleaser. And if you are still hesitant about having enough time to decorate the table and fix a full meal, why not make it a potluck and ask everyone to bring their favorite dish (and swap recipes at the end of course)? If you are a hit-the-snooze-ten-times kind of person, I would suggest opting for a potluck. You'll thank yourself later.

If I were to throw an end-of-summer brunch my must haves would be: florals, a color palate of peaches, corals and greens, outdoor seating and slightly-uncoordinated dishes for an undone look (which really would simply mean I don't have a full set of matching dishes yet).


As much as I love brunch, I love any excuse for unique paper goods, including invitations to coordinate with the event and to set the mood. Paperless Post is a great resource for unique invitations to add the finishing - or really the beginning - touch to any party!

3 comments:

Amanda Greer said...

Yes! When we first started wedding planning, we thought about having a brunch wedding (http://www.sunshineandwhimsy.net/2015/01/brunch-wedding-inspiration.html)! Ultimately, I decided it would be better to have more time to prepare that day haha. Love your graphic, especially the lettering!

Jess said...

Yes, I could only imagine the struggle of getting ready in time for a brunch wedding. No matter how great the food would have been, having time to actually drink your coffee before the wedding is a must. And thanks! I used this tutorial from Melyssa to do the lettering: http://thenectarcollective.com/create-hand-lettered-blog-header-without-scanner/

Erika said...

Amazing! Brunch is my favorite, too, but I've never thrown my own brunch party!